COVID-19 Clinic Plan
As we welcome you back, we would like to take a moment to inform you of changes we have made to ensure the safety of our patients and therapists. We appreciate your understanding and adherence to these new practices. Although, our precautions may seem extraordinary, we feel you are worth it. Please be aware that:
Massage therapy treatment involves some risk of transmission, and our clinic is following protocol to help reduce or mitigate that risk, but, as with all activities, it cannot be reduced to zero.
Together, following these protocols, we can help mitigate the risk of transmission.
- Prior to each treatment, you will be required to complete a self assessment at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- We will contact you 24 hours prior to your treatment to ensure that you are not presenting with any covid-19 symptoms and have completed the self assessment mentioned above
- We request for you to cancel your appointment if you have travelled outside of the province within the last 14 days or if you show any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Our therapists may ask more extensively about contact with individuals outside of immediate family and work that may increase risk of transmission; you may do the same
- For patients who are high risk or immune compromised, we may cancel or postpone your treatment if the risk to you outweighs the benefit of receiving it
- Our therapists will cancel your treatment if you do not meet the pre-screening criteria
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee for appointments missed due to illness
Hand Hygiene and Sanitization:
- Hand sanitizer stations are to be used upon entering/exiting the clinic
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of the common areas
- Thorough sanitizing and disinfecting the treatment rooms before and after treatment. This includes but is not limited to the massage tables (with additional focus to the face piece area), chairs, door knobs, and clothing hangers (if used) and storing items in plastic containers after they are sanitized
- Removed all fabric seating and replaced with chairs that can be sanitized
- Paper tissue is available for patients
- Please use caution in the common area of the building as we do not control its maintenance. There is a hand sanitization station by the exit doors to the parking lot. We encourage you to use it.
- We have posted several posters the from BC Center for Disease Control
- Our clinic door will be locked when therapists are in treatment This reduces the number of people in the waiting room at any one time.
- At this time, we have eliminated the sitting area in the waiting area and access to the clinic is only going to be available approximately 3 minutes prior to treatment – reminder main door will be locked. Some therapists may request you wait in your vehicle until you receive a phone call.
- To help ensure physical distancing, we have staggered our schedules and have standardized treatment durations to 60-minutes.
- We have limited the number of patients to 1 in the waiting room so we can maintain physical distancing but with our staggered appointments we should not run into anyone
- We request you are on time. Our therapists will be finishing appointments on time, so they can clean and sanitize prior to the next patient. Please respect the need to leave immediately after treatment.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless a specific circumstance has been identified and pre-approved by your therapist
- We have eliminated the water cooler, business cards and other items in the waiting area
- You will need to leave the facility immediately after your appointment; some therapists will not be doing in-person booking post-treatment, they will do it via phone or text
- We have eliminated blankets, table warmers and other treatment items that we cannot sanitize or clean in between patients from our treatment rooms to help reduce cross-contamination
- Our therapists will be wearing masks.
- If you have a facemask, we ask that you bring it for your treatment; we have them available for $2
- Prepayments may be required to shorten the amount of time you spend in the clinic post-treatment.
- We will email receipts and do as much online as possible. We realize that there are some patients that do not use computers and we will make accommodations. Some therapists will not do in-person rescheduling of appointments. They will either phone or text their patient to reschedule.
- For the duration of the pandemic, the washroom is for therapists only, please plan accordingly
- If you refuse to follow the new protocols/policies we have in place, we will ask you to leave the premises.
- Be sure to cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze/cough and discard in the trash immediately. If you do not have a tissue, sneeze/cough into your elbow.
Our therapists MUST complete a daily self-assessment and document it in a self-assessment log.
If your therapist or a patient shows symptoms or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we will notify you and cancel your treatment.
Please contact our clinic if you have any questions or concerns regarding our new policy/protocols. We understand this may feel overwhelming but together, we can make it a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment.
As we start up, we may find we need to make changes. Please be patient with us on this journey. We are looking forward to treating you and helping your body feel the best it can.
Ocean Park Massage Therapy Clinic